The "Jarvis" Restful Web-Service is a small library of scripts which provide a general-purpose, secure web-application interface to a back-end database. The Jarvis library is used within several N-Squared products and solutions.
The Jarvis Restful Web-Service library is open-source, and is released under the permissive LGPL Licence.
Jarvis is available here in Debian package format (including source code, demo applications and documentation). The Jarvis Documentation is included in the Debian package, but is also linked here for your convenience.
Latest Version: 6.3.7
- Jarvis 6.3.7 Source
- Jarvis 6.3.5 Debian (.deb), RedHat/CentOS (.rpm)
- Jarvis 6.3.4 Installation Instructions (also valid for 6.3.5)
- Jarvis 6.3.2 Development & Configuration Guide (also valid for 6.3.5)
Note: Documentation is not usually updated for bug-fix releases.
Note: For Jarvis 5.6 and later, the plugin "do" method now includes CGI arguments, numbed and named restful arguments. Previously it provided only numbered restful arguments. This change means that $user_args is now a HASH reference not an ARRAY reference. You may need to change existing plugins to match.
Earlier Version: 5.4.2
- Jarvis 5.4.2 (Debian)
- Jarvis 5.4.2 Installation Instructions
- Jarvis 5.4.2 Development & Configuration Guide
Windows packages can be built from the source code.